Did you know that recycling collection is mandatory in Delaware. In 2010 the Delaware legislature mandated that all waste haulers must provide single stream recycling collection to all residential customers. We provide all our residential customers with a wheeled 95 gallon toter and every other week collection. Blue Hen Disposal continually strives to be at the forefront of Delaware's recycling future. Your participation will go a long way towards a cleaner, greener Delaware.
Acceptable Single Stream Recycling Items
- Newspapers/Brown Paper Bags
- Telephone/Soft Cover Books
- Junk Mail/Envelopes (all types)
- Paperboard (cereal/tissue boxes)
- Glass Bottles/Jars (any color)
- Metal Cans (tin/steel/aluminum
- #1 PET plastic food and beverage containers.
- #2 HDPE plastic food and beverage containers. No motor oil or anti-freeze containers.
– HDPE Mixed Rigid Plastics- kitty litter containers, small plastic buckets (up to 5 gallon), milk crates, small toys, and plastic trays.
- #4 LDPE butter tubs, sour cream containers, and margarine tubs.
- #5 Polypropylene yogurt containers, cottage cheese containers
- #7 Mixed plastics various containers. Cartons and aseptic containers- juice boxes, orange juice and milk cartons.
UNACCEPTABLE MATERIALS INCLUDE
- Paper towels
- Waxed cardboard
- Light bulbs
- Yard waste
- Any household garbage